FIREARMS LICENSE PROCESSING
To apply for a NEW License To Carry Firearms (LTC), NEW Firearms Identification card, or to renew an existing license:
(1) Call the Firearms Records Clerk at (508)539-1480 ext. 7249 to make an appointment. Appointment times are Monday and Wednesday 6:00PM to 9:00PM.
(2) Complete the “Massachusetts Resident LTC/FID/Machine Gun Application”.
- Pick up the form from the Mashpee Police Department lobby
- You may also click here to download the form online in the “Download a resident firearms license application” section.
- First time applicants and applicants with a license that expired 5+ years ago must include a copy of a Massachusetts Certified Safety Course Certificate (certificate not required for military personnel)
- Include a current email address on your application as the Firearms Records Clerk may communicate with you in this manner.
(2) Provide a Bank Check or Money Order payable to “Town of Mashpee” in the amount of $100. Providing a personal check may add a week or more to your wait to ensure the funds are available. Applicants 70 years of age or older renewing a license are exempt from the renewal fee.
(3) At the time of your appointment please bring your completed application, copy of the Safety Course certificate, driver’s license, and if renewing a copy of your existing LTC.